Carousel Policy for
In-Person & Online Lessons
Our policy applies to all classes, on-premises and remote.
By registering your child for class, you certify that you have read and understand our policy and agree to the terms.
We Cherish Your Children and Our Carousel Home!
Please be mindful and help us ensure a safe, productive, and enchanting learning environment for every child. Be sure to share this policy with all family members and caregivers that attend Carousel with your child.
COVID POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
The health and safety of the entire Carousel Family is our number one priority! We are following current CDC rules and guidelines. We will update these protocols as new guidance emerges. We reserve the right to refuse anyone entrance for failure to comply.
- All parents/caregivers who will be attending Carousel with their children must submit proof of vaccination for Covid-19.
- All adults must wear masks indoors. Masks must fit snugly, covering mouth and nose.
- Children over 2 years of age are required to wear masks. (We recommend a face shield for our younger students)
- Carousel will have a sanitation and temperature reading station at each entrance and exit of our space.
- Children and caregivers will be required to sanitize and receive a temperature check upon entrance.
- No shoes will be allowed inside Carousel.
- No snacks/food/eating will be allowed inside Carousel.
- All teachers, staff, families, children, caregivers and their household members must conduct a health check before visiting Carousel. Should you or any household member experience any of the following COVID-19-like symptoms in the 72 hours before your class, please stay home and notify Carousel of your absence:
- Runny nose
- Sore Throat
- Muscle Aches
- Difficulty Breathing
- New Loss of Taste or Smell
- Fever at or above the threshold temperature of 100.4° F (without fever-reducers).
- Payment in full is required to confirm your child’s enrollment and attendance in class.
- Carousel of Languages offers a 10% discount for each additional full sibling registration.
Withdrawal / Refund
- After registering, you may withdraw before the session begins and receive a full refund, minus a $50 registration fee.
- Withdrawal requests must be sent in writing to email@example.com.
- There will be NO REFUNDS for withdrawals after the session has begun.
Absence and Make-up Classes
- Please keep your child home when sick! Children must be 24 hours fever-free before returning to Carousel.
- Please call 24 hours in advance if your child cannot attend class. Classes are deliberately kept small, and each child’s presence is important to the balance of the group.
- Carousel of Languages allows two make-up classes per session, subject to availability. Please note, we do our best to accommodate make-up requests but cannot guarantee teacher, level, scheduling, etc.
- Make-up classes must be completed within the current session and do not carry over to the following session.
- Make-up classes must be scheduled in advance.
- In the event of a teacher’s absence, the Carousel team will do everything possible to provide a substitute teacher. Carousel of Languages is not responsible for notifying parents of substitutes. If there is an emergency and a substitute teacher cannot be found Carousel will arrange a make-up class.
- No snacks or food or eating will be allowed inside Carousel.
- Please silence your cell phone.
- Cell phone use in the waiting area is limited to text/email/silent streaming
- Please take cell phone conversations into the outer hallway
- No cell phone use is permitted in the classroom
Additional Safety Information
- Carousel of Languages is located on the 2nd floor with staircase-only access.
- Please hold the handrail and ascend and descend carefully.
- Children under 5 must be accompanied by a parent or caregiver and may not go up or down the stairs on their own.
- In compliance with fire safety protocol, we ask that you bring lightweight, foldable strollers and do not block the hallway. All double strollers must be folded.
- Strollers must be placed in front of the building in an orderly manner, and must not block the entrance or sidewalk to pedestrian traffic.
- Carousel of Languages is not responsible for strollers left outside.
- Carousel of Languages reserves the right to change teachers without incurring any liability or obligation.
- A student may transfer out of a class during the session and into another class, subject to availability.
- Carousel of Languages reserves the right to change a student’s class time without incurring any liability or obligation.
- All in-person Carousel classes require a minimum of 3 registered students, and are limited to a maximum of 5. In the event that a class does not meet the minimum requirement of 3 registered students 14 days after start of session, the class will be cancelled. Carousel will work with each family to find a suitable day and time.
- No refunds will be processed after the first day of the session.
School Closings Due to Weather Conditions
- Carousel of Languages is closed when New York City Public Schools close for snow or inclement weather.
- Carousel of Languages does not offer makeup classes due to weather-related closings.
Photography / Videography Release
- Carousel will supply a no-obligation photo/video release form to families in advance if we wish to photograph or record your child.
Parent/Caregiver Participation & Responsibility
- In accordance with New York City Department of Health regulations, we ask that a parent or caregiver remain on the Carousel premises at all times, exceptions will be considered upon written requests; caregiver is responsible for their child’s well-being.
- Please sign out at the front desk if you must step away briefly. Leave your name and number in case of emergency.
- For our students under 2 years old, and all students not yet doing separation, we ask that attending parent/caregiver participate in the activities and songs during class.
- We request that you step out of the classroom with your child if he or she becomes disruptive, and re-enter when the child is calm.
- Our waiting area is a quiet zone. Help us maintain a peaceful and orderly environment so classes are not disrupted while in session.
- Children waiting with a parent or caregiver during a sibling’s class must be fully supervised and occupied with a quiet activity.
- Siblings may not join classes unless registered.
- Due to limited space, we welcome our students 15 minutes before and after class.